Pamiris Successfully Hosted First Seminar
May 20, 2010
Pamiris partnered with Mike Bissell from CBK Lawyers in Spokane WA for our first Down to Business (D2B) Seminar on May 13th. We had a small gathering of individuals and all-in-all, it was a great first time. The Inland Northwest AGC graciously offered us the use of their space for the workshop.
The seminar is a one hour plunge into the basics of contracting and 1099s will provide you with valuable answers and resources for businesses who hire contractors/free-lancers/and project-based positions.
Topics that were covered included:
* Is a contract the right kind of relationship? (form SS-8)
* The W-9 form and Tax id verification
* Backup withholding (fed/state, depositing and filing [form 945])
* Essential elements of a contract
* Year end (forms 1099/1096) filing
We plan to host another 1099/Contract seminar in Spokane specifically for construction companies. If you’re interested, email us!